MOOCs and Open Education Around the World
Book Review: MOOCs and Open Education Around the World by
Lorne Oke and Christopher J. Devers,
Indiana Wesleyan University.
“Newsletter of the Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia” (CEMCA). September 2015, p. 17.
Available: http://moocsbook.com/CEMCA-Newsletter_September-2015.pdf; and http://moocsbook.com/CEMCA-page-17.pdf
3. Book Review: “Status and
Worldwide” Reviewed by William D. Milheim. Educational Technology, November-December, 2015, pp. 54-55. Available:
4. Book Review: Wang, X., Liu, J.C., Chen, H., Cui, G., & Wang, W. (2016). Accelerated learning: Racing to the Future - Reflection and Review of AECT 2015. Journal of Distance Education, January Issue, 2016.
http://moocsbook.com/PresidentialSession2.pdf (Chinese PDF) and http://moocsbook.com/PresidentialSession2.docx (Chinese Word)
5. Book Review: “MOOCs and Open Education Around the World” by Nil Goksel-Canbek,
Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey, for the International Women Online Journal of Distance Education,
April, 2016 Volume: 5 Issue: 2.
6. Book Review: “MOOCs and Open Education Around the World” by Anne Gaskell (2016), Open Learning: The Journal of Open, Distance and e-Learning, 31(3), 291-293. Available: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02680513.2016.1227965
7. Book Review: Review of Bonk, C.J., Lee, M.M., Reeves, T.C., & Reynolds, T. H. (2015). “MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.” New York: Routledge, by Grainne Conole (2016), Tech Trends, 60(6), 606-608. Available: http://www.moocsbook.com/MOOC_Book_Review_Tech_Trends_Nov_2016_Grainne_Conole.pdf
8. Book review. “MOOCs and Open Education Around the World” by Michael McVey, International Review of Education – Journal of Lifelong Learning, Springer and UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning, (2016, December), 62(6), pp 831–835. Available: doi:10.1007/s11159-016-9574-5 and http://rdcu.be/mUvC (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11159-016-9574-5)
MOOCs Book Reader Reactions
“Currently reading. Just published about a month ago, this amazing book has 64 contributors from 13 countries who wrote 32 chapters on how MOOCs are revolutionizing global education overall. Wow! I highly recommend to anyone who is passionate about teaching or learning. Thank you Ray Schroeder (for recommending it).”
p.s. “And thank you so much for publishing the book. It is truly amazing and will further all of our efforts!”
Manager of Online Learning
The National Association of Realtors
September 7, 2015
“Your MOOC books are great. I have learned so much from you in the last few days. I like the way you four describe the arc of the research, the Vegas event, and the collaboration. I hadn't realized David Wiley had become radicalized but I was nodding in agreement throughout his chapter. You picked a great bunch of contributors.”
Jay Cross, Author, Speaker, Futurist, Consultant, E-learning Guru
Internet Time Group
The Aha! Project
August 22, 2015
Per Dr. Rovy Branon, Vice Provost of Educational Extension at the University of Washington,
“MOOC (books) over Seattle! Got my two signed copies this morning. Thanks Curt Bonk! These are very timely given some of our current work!”
“Started browsing the MOOC volume. Impressive line-up of authors. Lots of interesting perspectives. I'm going to enjoy it.”
Scott Brande PhD (geology)
Assoc. Prof./Dept. Chemistry
Assoc. Prof./Dept. Elec.Comp.Eng.
UAB, Birmingham, Alabama USA
August 12, 2015
MOOCs and Open Education Around the World Copyright © 2015